ARES Masters & Training Scholarships in Belgium 2023/2024 (Funded Fully) for Developing Countries
Belgium Scholarships for Masters and Training from ARES: a citizen of a developing nation? You’re a graduate, right? You’ve got work experience and wish to sharpen your abilities in a development-related area. You have the option to pursue a master’s degree lasting a year or a refresher course lasting between four and six months through ARES masters and Specialization courses in a Federation Wallonia-Brussels university in Belgium.
Application Deadline: 27th January 2023 at 12pm
Offered annually: Yes
To be taken in: Belgium
About the Belgium ARES Scholarship: Each year, the Academy of Research and Higher Education (ARES) grants an average of 150 fellowships in the framework of the Masters and 70 fellowships in the framework of the internships to the nationals of the countries of the South.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for courses in English ), Haiti, Indonesia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam.
Accepted Subject Areas (Masters):
- Master of Specialization in Development, Environment and Societies
- Specialization Master in Human Rights
- Master of Specialization in Aquatic Resource Management and Aquaculture
- Master of Specialization in Risk and Disaster Management
- Specialized Master in Integrated Management of Health Risks in the Global South (IManHR)
- Specialized Master in International Development
- Master of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- Master of specialization in integrated production and preservation of natural resources in urban and peri-urban areas
- Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology
- Master of Science in Public Health – Methods of Research Applied to Global Health
- Master of Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Specialized Master in Transport and Logistics
Accepted Subject Areas (Training):
- Internship in control and quality assurance of medicines and health products
- Research Initiation to Strengthen Health Systems
- Internship in Geographic Information System
- Internship in secondary resource development for sustainable construction
- Methodological internship in support of innovation in family farming
Type: Masters, Training
Regarding the ARES Scholarship for Belgium: The Minister for Development Cooperation and the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation entrust the Belgian Higher Education Institutions with the development of Postgraduate Programmes (Advanced Masters) and Training Programmes that are specifically targeted towards young professionals from developing countries. This is done within the framework of the Belgian policy for development cooperation.
International Courses and Training Programmes are part of the global study programmes of the Higher Education Institutions. They are open to all students who satisfy the conditions of qualification but aim at proposing training units that distinguish themselves by their openness towards specific development issues.
Eligibility: The following criteria will be used to choose scholarship recipients:
- Originally from a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must reside and work in their own country at the time of filing.
- Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply for scholarships ARES: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia ( only for courses in English ), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam.
- Either under the age of 40 for courses and under 45 for training periods at the start of training.
- Either holds a diploma comparable to a diploma of the second cycle of Belgian university education. However, for certain types of training, different requirements may be set out, which will be specified below.
- Demonstrates a professional occupation in a developing country of at least two years after completing his / her second cycle or three years after the end of his / her studies when the candidate holds a post-graduate diploma from a university in an industrialized country.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken French. For courses organized in another language, it is necessary to have a good knowledge of the language of the course, written and spoken. The candidate will also be asked to commit to learning French to participate in everyday life in Belgium.
- Apply for a single training.
- The academic curriculum
- For courses, priority will be given to candidates who are already holders of a diploma third cycle, save in exceptional circumstances duly justified in the application.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have not already received a grant in Belgium.
- Professional experience.
- Belonging to a partner institution: The commitment of the candidate in development activities.
- Nationality requirements.
- Gender equality.
- The future reintegration prospects.
Number of Scholarships: Belgium ARES grants 150 scholarships for participation into the masters and 70 scholarships for participation into the training programmes.
Value of Belgium ARES Scholarship: Travel (internal and external), Monthly living allowance, Indirect mission costs, Installation costs, Tuition fees, Registration fee, Insurance costs, Housing allowance, Allowances for dependents, Return fees, In 1st session completion bonus (June).
How to Apply: Would you like to submit an application form and receive a grant?
Follow these guides below:
- Procedure for submitting applications
- Admissibility criteria
- Application form
It is very important to go through the Application requirements and procedures on the Scholarship Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Important notice: Applying for a Belgium ARES Masters and Training scholarship is free of charge. ARES does not charge any fee at any stage of the application or selection process. You may raise any question or concern about persons or companies claiming to be acting on behalf of ARES and requesting the payment of a fee by emailing ARES at [email protected].
Any cash-related application will be immediately rejected.