How to Check If Someone Scanned Your WhatsApp QR Code
This article would share some detailed insights on how to know who has scanned your Whatsapp QR code and what to do next if someone scanned your Whatsapp QR code.
With over a billion users, WhatsApp is a well-known messaging service. People may now easily contact with loved ones from any place because to this app’s capacity to send photographs, videos, and texts. Whatever the case, it’s entirely possible for a hacker to gain access to your WhatsApp account, just like it is with any other social networking site. Thanks to the QR code, you may now access someone’s WhatsApp without even being a hacker.
QR codes, or Quick Response codes, are 2-dimensional barcodes that contain information about the object it’s attached to. In most cases, these are used for marketing purposes so that when people scan the code with their smartphones, they can be directed to a website where they can learn more about your business and products.
How Can I Find Out Who Scans My WhatsApp QR Code?
Even if you cannot use WhatsApp on two phones simultaneously, people can easily access all of your chats, including private ones by scanning your Whatsapp QR code.
If you want to find out who scanned your Whatsapp QR code, follow the instructions listed below.
- Open Whatsapp on your Android or iPhone device and tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Linked Devices from the list of options.
- On Lined Devices, you will get a list of all open sessions. It displays all devices who has scanned your Whatsapp QR code with the device name and last active time.
- If you find any unknown devices then tap on it and remove them.
How to Know If Someone Scanned My Whatsapp QR Code
By the steps mentioned in the above section you can know if someone scanned your QR Whatsapp code.
You can also follow the below hints to check if someone else is using your WhatsApp account by scanning the QR code.
- Hint 1: If you notice that your friend or a family member has been sending messages to people besides you, they may be using your phone without your permission. Logging into your WhatsApp account and looking at the last person who has contacted you will reveal this. If it doesn’t match up with the previous person who got you, someone else may be using your WhatsApp account without permission.
- Hint 2: You can also see any suspicious logins on your phone, which will help determine if someone else is using your phone. Some features like remote control screen lock and remote wipe will allow you to detect intruders on the system and limit their ability to access sensitive information.
- Hint 3: You should regularly check your contacts for strange entries or spam messages. If you find any peculiar connection or spam message on your contact list, then there are chances that your account might be hacked.
- Hint 4: Browse through recent chats and contacts on WhatsApp and check for unknown numbers or profiles saved in the phone book but not in the contacts list of WhatsApp profiles.
With features like one-time login and two-factor authentication, WhatsApp works to protect the privacy and security of its users information. Whatever the case, there are security gaps in everything internet-connected that some individuals are only too happy to take advantage of.
People are always seeking for methods to enter your WhatsApp account and exploit it to propagate malware or steal personal data since it has such a large user base. On our WhatsApp accounts, many of us keep both our personal and work connections.
How to Immediately Secure Your WhatsApp Account
WhatsApp just announced that it would be end-to-end encrypted, meaning that only you and the person you are chatting will be able to access your communications. Although this might appear to be a small security detail, it is quite important. One of the most important challenges in modern technology is encryption, which is also the instrument we need to safeguard our privacy. But it’s still important to safeguard your account, and here’s how to do it:
- One of the simplest ways to secure your WhatsApp account is turning on two-step verification. The two-Step verification is an extremely crucial precaution for Android and iPhone devices.
- Frequently changing your password to secure your account is another way to stay unassailable. If you are not sure that someone knows your previous password, change it immediately.
- And finally, remove the account from your device now and then. Depending on the type of phone you have, it may be difficult for someone else to access data from a deleted app if they don’t know its password.